First Aid for Non-Poisonous Spider Bites

Not all spiders are poisonous but most people think that these creepy creatures will bite and do harm. Learn how the first aid care for non-poisonous spider bite.

Not all spiders are poisonous. But most people think that these creepy creatures will bite and do harm. There are first aid care for non-poisonous spider bite. It should be learned by people living in places where spiders mostly dwell.

Identify the spider

It is first important to know what kind of spider has bitten you to rule out a poisonous spider bite which can be damaging and requires immediate treatment of a doctor. A dead specimen of the spider can still help in identifying the kind of spider. Immerse the dead spider in rubbing alcohol to preserve it. However, if the spider cannot be located, the bite wound should be examined and cleaned right away.

Wash the bite area

First aid for non-poisonous spider bite always requires washing the bite area using a cold and soapy water. The bite wound should be cleaned to prevent the onset of infection. A cold compress such as an ice pack can also be applied on the wound to somewhat relieve the pain of the bite and reduce swelling. The bitten part of the body. particularly that in the hands, arms and legs, should be raised to reduce swelling and inflammation.

The bite area should be observed for at least within a 24 hour period for worsening symptoms. A person must take note that upon application of first aid, the symptoms should gradually subside, and any swelling and pain must be gradually lost.

Drink pain reliever

Non-poisonous spider bite can be painful. Pain reliever such as aspirin or acetaminophen can be taken. However, children or teenagers who are recovering from chickenpox or those who have flu and were bitten by a non-poisonous spider should not take aspirin.

See a doctor for allergy symptoms

It is necessary to see a doctor when the bite of the non-dangerous spider causes an allergic reaction. The victim should also seek help for medical services when such symptoms like lesions, nausea, difficulty in breathing, throat tightening, muscle spasms, excessive sweating and fainting are experienced.

Leave a Reply